—A Page-by-Page Response To The Watchtower Society’s 1986 Brochure: “Should You Believe in the Trinity?”
This book includes over 100 pages of photocopied documentation of the publications misquoted and misrepresented in the Watchtower’s Should You Believe in the Trinity? brochure. It provides a scholarly answer to Watchtower arguments concerning the origin and history of the Trinity doctrine and a thorough analysis of Scriptural proof texts used for and against the doctrine.
FOR COMPLETE PHOTOCOPIED DOCUMENTATION Purchase the New 2nd Edition book on Amazon when it is available.
NOTE: The new 2nd edition of this book is not yet available to order but it should be available sometime this year.
This book provides a detailed Biblical and scholarly response to the Watchtower Society’s arguments against the Trinity doctrine set forth in their 1986 brochure, Should You Believe in the Trinity?
As the chapters of this book correspond to the major sections in the Society’s brochure, what follows is a page-by-page analysis of the Society’s claims along with over 100 pages of high quality photocopies PROVING the DECEPTION of the Society in their brochure.
A Christian who reads Yes, You Should Believe in the Trinity! will find this book most valuable in defending the “faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.”—Jude 3
Likewise, one who is a former Jehovah’s Witness will not only appreciate the gentle, objective manner in which information is presented, but will also find the substantiated documentation helpful in reevaluating the claims of the Watchtower Society.
- WHAT IS THE TRINITY?
- “BEYOND THE GRASP OF HUMAN REASON”
- “IS IT CLEARLY A BIBLE TEACHING?”
- TESTIMONY OF THE HEBREW AND GREEK SCRIPTURES
- THE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF RELIGION
- NEW CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA
- THE TRIUNE GOD, by Jesuit Edmund Fortman
- THE NEW ENCYCLOPAEDIA BRITANNICA
- “PROTESTANT THEOLOGIAN KARL BARTH”
- TAUGHT BY EARLY CHRISTIANS
- “WHAT THE ANTE-NICENE FATHERS TAUGHT”
- IGNATIUS (30-107 A.D.)
- JUSTIN MARTYR (165 A.D.)
- IRENAEUS (200 A.D.)
- CLEMENT OF ALEXANDRIA (215 A.D.)
- TERTULLIAN (230 A.D.)
- HIPPOLYTUS (235 A.D.)
- ORIGEN (250 A.D.)
- ALVAN LAMSON – THE CHURCH OF THE FIRST THREE CENTURIES
- LAMSON’S STATEMENTS ABOUT JUSTIN MARTYR
- LAMSON’S STATEMENTS ABOUT CLEMENT OF ALEXANDRIA
- LAMSON’S STATEMENTS ABOUT TERTULLIAN
- THE COUNCIL OF NICAEA
- THREE VIEWS OF CHRIST DISCUSSED AT THE COUNCIL
- “CONSTANTINE’S ROLE AT NICAEA”
- WHAT ABOUT EGYPTIAN, BABYLONIAN, AND HINDU TRIADS?
- THE STORY OF CIVILIZATION: Part III, Caesar and Christ, by Will Durant
- EGYPTIAN RELIGION, by Siegfried Morenz
- THE PAGANISM IN OUR CHRISTIANITY, by Arthur Weigall
- ENCYCLOPAEDIA OF RELIGION AND ETHICS, by James Hastings
- THE NEW SCHAFF-HERZOG ENCYCLOPEDIA OF RELIGIOUS KNOWLEDGE
- THE CHURCH OF THE FIRST THREE CENTURIES, by Alvan Lamson
- OUTLINES OF THE HISTORY OF DOGMA, by Adolf Harnack
- A STATEMENT OF REASONS, by Andrews Norton
- IS THE STORY OF JESUS DERIVED FROM THE PAGAN LEGENDS OF OSIRIS, HORUS, MITHRAS AND OTHER MYTHICAL GODS?
- DOES MONOTHEISM (BELIEF IN ONE GOD) SUPPORT THE TRINITY?
- ANSWERING WATCHTOWER PROOF TEXTS
- COLOSSIANS 1:15-16
- REVELATION 3:14
- PROVERBS 8:12, 22-23
- “HOW MUCH WAS THE RANSOM?”
- JESUS THE “ONLY-BEGOTTEN SON”
- WHAT ABOUT JESUS’ SUBMISSION TO THE FATHER’S WILL?
- JOHN 20:17
- REVELATION 3:12
- 1 CORINTHIANS 8:5-6
- MARK 10:17-18
- HABAKKUK 1:12
- MARK 13:32
- 1 CORINTHIANS 11:3 AND 15:28
- JOHN 14:28
- BULLETIN OF THE JOHN RYLANDS LIBRARY
- PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
- THE HOLY SPIRIT IS TREATED AS A PERSON
- MATTHEW 24:36 – THE HOLY SPIRIT DOES NOT KNOW?
- THE HOLY SPIRIT INDWELLS BELIEVERS
- PERSONIFICATION AND THE HOLY SPIRIT
- THE HOLY SPIRIT – A NEUTER NOUN
- THE TRIUNE GOD
- WHAT ABOUT TRINITY “PROOF TEXTS”?
- COMBATING THE HENOTHEISTIC BIAS OF JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES
- JOHN 10:30: “I and the Father Are One”
- JOHN 10:34: “…‘I said you are gods’?”
- JOHN 5:18: “Making Himself Equal To God”
- PHILIPPIANS 2:6: “Equal With God”
- JOHN 8:58: “I Am”
- JOHN 1:1 “The Word Was God”
- ISAIAH 9:6: JESUS IS THE “EVERLASTING FATHER”
- THE NEW TESTAMENT IN AN IMPROVED VERSION, Upon the Basis of Archbishop Newcome’s New Translation: With a Corrected Text, 1808: “…and the word was a god.”
- THE EMPHATIC DIAGLOTT, interlinear reading, by Benjamin Wilson
- THE JOURNAL OF BIBLICAL LITERATURE
- A MANUAL GRAMMAR OF THE GREEK NEW TESTAMENT
- JOSEPH HENRY THAYER
- DICTIONARY OF THE BIBLE, by John L. McKenzie
- THE NEW TESTAMENT by Johannes Greber
- 4 REASONS THE SOCIETY’S TRANSLATION OF JOHN 1:1 IS UNTENABLE
- THEOS = GOD OR “DIVINE QUALITY”?
- ARE THERE TWO “MIGHTY GODS”?
- SHOULD WE WORSHIP JESUS?
- IS JESUS CHRIST THE ARCHANGEL MICHAEL?
- TITLES AND ATTRIBUTES OF JEHOVAH APPLIED TO JESUS
- IF JESUS TAUGHT US TO PRAY TO THE FATHER, WHY SHOULD WE PRAY TO JESUS?
- WHEN SHOULD WE PRAY TO THE FATHER?
- WE CAN PRAY TO GOD THE FATHER AND THE SON INTERCHANGEABLY
- SHOULD GOD’S NAME BE TRANSLATED JEHOVAH, YAHWEH OR LORD?
- WAS GOD’S NAME REMOVED FROM THE GREEK NEW TESTAMENT?
- DOES PAUL’S USE OF THE WORD “LORD” IN HIS QUOTE OF JOEL 2:32 IN ROMANS 10:13 CONFUSE JESUS WITH JEHOVAH?
- DO THE HEBREW J MANUSCRIPTS OF THE NEW TESTAMENT CALL JESUS YHWY?
- 1 PETER 3:15: “sanctify YHWH, the Messiah”
- PHILIPPIANS 2:11: “Yeshua the Messiah is YHWH”
THE WATCHTOWER CHANGING VIEW OF JESUS