“Only Jehovah’s Witnesses… have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system…” —The Watchtower, September 1, 1989, p. 19
“During Jesus’ Thousand Year Reign, faithful humans will work to turn the whole earth into a paradise.”—What Does God Require of Us?, p. 11
How will Jehovah’s Witnesses clean this up?
- Death of 1/2 of the earth’s population (3 billion people) – Rev. 6:8; 9:15-18
- Sky vanished, every mountain and island moved, destroyed – Rev. 6:14; 16:19-20
- 1/3 trees and all grass burned up from hail and fire, mixed with blood – Rev. 8:7
- Destruction from hail stones 60-100 pounds each – Rev. 16:21
- 1/3 of the oceans turned to blood, ships and sea creatures destroyed – Rev. 8:8-9
- 1/3 of the fresh water, rivers and springs polluted – Rev. 8:10-11
Which has a better promise? The Watchtower or the Bible?
“Awaiting…the presence of the day of Jehovah, through which [the] heavens being on fire will be dissolved and [the] elements being intensely hot will melt! But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise…” —2 Peter 3:12-13, NWT
“And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away…”—Revelation 21:1, NWT